Surrounded By Evil
Saved by God
by Taylor Shepherd
“Don’t die and don’t give up!”
How did this unknown voice empower a young child to cling to life despite unspeakable pain and her family’s best efforts to destroy her soul?
Taylor Shepherd was born into a family deeply involved with the occult, and throughout her childhood she was the victim of their substance abuse, violence, and sexual assault. Yet though her mind was fractured by seemingly endless trauma, she clung to what little truth she knew even as a four-year-old: that there was only one true God and that the god in whose name her family abused her was not Him.
As an adult, Taylor began a journey of healing and truth. In sharing her story, Taylor hopes to:
- to recognize God’s hand in their survival,
- to understand that healing emotional scars is not easy or simple,
- to know God is a very present help through it all.
- to be aware of abuse hidden in seemingly normal families,
- to seek to do no harm to fragile survivors,
- to learn ways of offering comfort and acceptance.
ePub; .mobi/Kindle; PDF